This post is all about how to link Aadhaar with SBI bank account. So, this is going to be a detailed post on whether you should link your Aadhaar with your bank account(s) or not.
Note: linking your SBI bank account with Aadhaar is optional. However, you can use the Aadhaar as a KYC document. If you do not wish to submit your Aadhaar with the bank then you can use any other documents prescribed by RBI. Click here to know more.
Now, if you wish to link your Aadhaar with your SBI bank account follow the following steps or methods. I will be sharing 6 different ways in which you can link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account.
Table of Contents
- How to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account through SBI Internet Banking
- How to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account through SBI Corporate Website
- Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account SBI Anywhere App
- How to Link Aadhar Card with SBI Bank Account through ATM
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account through SMS
- How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account Via Offline [Branch visit]
- How to Check if Bank Account is linked to Aadhaar?
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account through SBI Internet Banking
Steps to link Aadhaar with SBI bank account through SBI Internet Banking (www.onlinesbi.com)
- Step 1: Visit personal banking of SBI or you can click this link.
- Step 2: Log in to your Personal banking by providing your Username & Password.
- Step 3: Once you logged in to your dashboard, you can be able to see the “Update Aadhaar with Bank account” under My Accounts on the left side of the screen.
- Step 3: Select the Account Number and enter your Aadhaar number.
- Step 4: Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 5: On completion of the above steps, your Aadhaar will be linked to your SBI bank account. You will get a confirmation message on success.
This is one of the easiest ways to link your Aadhaar with SBI Account using SBI internet banking.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account through SBI Corporate Website
You can choose this method to add or link your Aadhaar to your SBI Account. To use follow this method you need to follow the following steps.
- visit either bank.sbi OR sbi.co.in
- On the homepage, you can be able to see “Link your AADHAAR Number with your bank account”.
- Enter your Aadhaar details associated with your SBI bank account.
- For confirmation, you need to enter the OTP received on your Aadhaar Registered Mobile Number.
- that’s it. Your account will be linked with the Aadhaar
Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account SBI Anywhere App
If you have a smartphone then you can download the Mobile App called SBI Anywhere and link your Aadhaar with SBI bank account.
Steps to link Aadhaar with SBI bank account with SBI Anywhere:
- Login to SBI Anywhere App.
- Tap on “Requests”.
- Tap on “Aadhaar”.
- Tap on “Aadhaar Linking”.
- Select your CIF number from the drop-down list.
- Enter your Aadhaar number.
- Select T&C and submit.
- You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number regarding the status of Aadhaar seeding.
How to Link Aadhar Card with SBI Bank Account through ATM
Following are the steps involved while linking the Aadhaar with the SBI bank account.
Step 1: Visit any nearby SBI ATM
Step 2: Once in the ATM, swipe your card and enter the PIN
Step 3: On the screen, select ‘Menu’ and then choose ‘registrations’. After that select ‘Aadhaar Registration’
Step 4: Now, you have to select the type of your bank account – savings/current
Step 5: Next, provide your Aadhaar card number two times for verification
Step 6: Your Aadhaar will now be linked to your account
Step 7: You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number regarding the status of
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account through SMS
To avail of this facility, your mobile number must be registered with the SBI bank account.
If you wish to link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account using SMS follow the steps below.
- Create an SMS from your registered mobile number in the format UID<space><Aadhaar Number><Account Number>
- Send the SMS to the number 567676
- This will automatically link your Aadhaar card to your SBI account number if everything is fine.
- In case of any error or if your number is not valid, you will be notified by your SBI bank.
How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account Via Offline [Branch visit]
Eventually, if you are not able to link Aadhaar with SBI bank account then this is the last option available for you. To link your Aadhaar with the SBI bank account visit the Home branch and do the steps following:
- Visit your nearest SBI Branch
- Carry a copy of your Aadhaar card number or e-Aadhaar
- Fill in a Letter of Request
- Submit the above with the Photocopy (xerox) copy of the Aadhaar letter.
- After necessary verification, your Aadhaar linking will be done by the branch end.
- You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number regarding the status of Aadhaar card seeding with your SBI account.
Also read: How To Update SBI FASTag KYC Online
How to Check if Bank Account is linked to Aadhaar?
Even if you have submitted your Aadhaar details at your SBI branch still there is a possibility that the linkage between these two was not done correctly by the bank or it may be the bank has not linked Aadhaar with your account because they have misplaced your details somewhere.
To solve this issue, you can follow the step-by-step guide to check whether your Aadhaar has been linked with your bank account.
Step 1: Visit the Aadhaar official website www.uidai.gov.in or click here
Step 2: Hover on the ‘My Aadhaar’ Menu and click on Check Aadhaar/Bank Account Linking Status
Step 3: Enter either your Aadhaar Number (12-digit) or Virtual Number (16-digit) and enter the security code. After that click on the ‘Send OTP’ button.
Step 4: Enter the OTP received on the Aadhaar linked mobile number and click on ‘Login’. Note that, the OTP is valid for 10 minutes only.
Step 5: On successful login, the website shows whether your Aadhaar number is successfully mapped or not.
In this way, you can be assured of whether your SBI bank account is linked with Aadhar or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I link my Aadhaar card with my SBI bank account online?
You can link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account in multiple ways. You can link through, SBI internet banking, SBI Anywhere Mobile App, SMS, ATM, and Branch visit. You can use any one of these.
How can I link my Aadhar card with SBI app?
Linking your Aadhaar with SBI account is quite easy. You have to use the SBI anywhere (official) and refer to this section. It can be done within a minute.
Is it necessary to link Aadhaar with bank account?
Definitely not. It is not necessary to link Aadhaar with bank account. However, you can use the Aadhaar as a KYC document in the bank.
How long does it take to link Aadhaar to SBI bank account?
Typically, it depends on the method you used to link Aadhaar with SBI bank account. The bank may take a few days to process your request. Upon successful validation and verification, you’ll get a confirmation message to your Registered Mobile Number.
What happens if you don’t link Aadhaar to bank account?
So far, it is not mandatory to link your Aadhaar to your bank account. It might be obligatory to map Aadhaar with the Bank accounts near future.
We have shared six different ways to link Aadhaar with SBI bank account. You can use any one of these at your convenience. If you find any problem while linking your Aadhaar with the SBI bank account do let me know. We’ll discuss it in the comment section.