If you are a new or existing customer of SBI then you should know how to link, update or add a PAN card to your SBI account in multiple ways. The Government of India has made it obligatory to map the PAN card of customers to link with each bank account.
Nowadays, all the major public and private sector banks ask for the PAN while opening a new account. Failing may lead to being unable to open an account on that bank. Moreover, if you have already a bank account and the PAN card is not linked, the bank will ask you to submit the PAN.
In the State bank of India (SBI), it is mandatory to have a valid PAN card while opening a new account. In the case of existing customers of SBI, they can submit the PAN card (photocopy) with necessary documents to link with their account by visiting the bank. On the other hand, you can add a PAN card number to in SBI account online without visiting the branch.
In case you don’t have a PAN card, you need to submit Form-16 (available in the bank), which is a self-declaration form that declares that the individual does not have a PAN card with him.
If you are one of the customers who haven’t submitted the PAN to your SBI bank account yet, you can follow any one of the four methods to register a PAN card with SBI.
Meanwhile, you can follow this article for Online PAN Application by the Income Tax Department of India.
Table of Contents
- How to Link PAN Card with SBI Account Online [Using Internet Banking]
- How to Update PAN Card to SBI Account using Customer Care
- How to Update PAN Card with SBI Account in Offline Mode [Branch Visit]
- How to Add PAN Card with SBI Account using SBI Yono
How to Link PAN Card with SBI Account Online [Using Internet Banking]
To update/Link PAN card in SBI online, you must have SBI internet banking access.
Steps to Link PAN Card with SBI Account Online through SBI Internet banking
- Step #1: Visit SBI Online by clicking this URL https://onlinesbi.com/
- Step #2: Click the Login button under the Personal banking section.
- Step #3: Enter your Username & Password to access internet banking.
- Step #4: Once you have logged in to this system, click on the e-Services section.
- Step #5: Under the e-Services section, you’ll see a link texted with “PAN Registration”.
- Step #6: Next, you need to enter your Profile Password.
- Step #7: Now, select the account number and enter your 10- digit alphanumeric PAN number to link with the SBI account.
- Step #8: Click the Confirm button the save the changes.
- Step #9: An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click the Submit button.
Once you complete the above steps successfully, your request for a PAN card link will be forwarded for bank processing. The branch will process the request within 7 days. You will get a confirmation message when the linking of the PAN Card is successful.
How to Update PAN Card to SBI Account using Customer Care
You can add or update your PAN card in SBI using the Customer care (Toll-free) call. This method is handy when you d not have SBI internet banking access. To link your PAN card using this method you must have a valid RMN with SBI bank.
If you don’t know how to update/add a mobile number in SBI bank, click this link.
Steps to update your PAN Card to SBI Account using Customer Care phone number call
- Dial the Toll-free number 1800 425 3800.
- Select the prefered language on IVR.
- Press 3 for Phone Banking and Account related services to add you PAN Card.
- Press 9 to talk to one of the SBI customer service executives.
- The SBI customer will ask for the PAN details.
- On successful validation, your linking of your PAN card with your SBI account will be successful.
This is how you can link a PAN card with an SBI account by yourself if you don’t have net banking access or any other way.
How to Update PAN Card with SBI Account in Offline Mode [Branch Visit]
Another option to link the PAN card with the SBI account is the offline mode or Branch visit. If you want to know how to map a PAN card to an SBI account offline then follow the steps.
- Visit the Home Branch.
- Carry your original PAN card and a photocopy of the PAN.
- Fill out the requisite form to link PAN Card with the SBI account.
- Fill in the Bank details and PAN details in that request form carefully.
- One of the SBI customer representatives will process your request.
- Upon successful authentication, your request for adding PAN with the SBI bank account will be successful.
- You’ll be notified or receive the status of the same on your registered mobile number.
How to Add PAN Card with SBI Account using SBI Yono
Again, this is one of the best ways to update your PAN card in SBI using the SBI Yono mobile Application. To use this App, you have SBI net banking access. If you have a smartphone you can link your PAN card with your SBI account by downloading the Mobile app YONO SBI.
Step by step to add Pan Card With SBI Account using YONO SBI
- Step #1: Login YONO SBI using MPIN or Username and Password.
- Step #2: Once you logged in successfully, scroll down and tap on Service Request.
- Step #3: Next, tap on the Profile section to link the PAN card with the SBI account.
- Step #4: In the Personal details section, you can add a PAN card in the PAN Linkage section.
- Step #5: Click the Pen icon near the PAN linkage and it will take you to the next step.
- Step #6: Enter the PAN number under Add/Update PAN and click Next.
- Step #7: You’ll see a confirmation message of processing the request for linking the PAN card with the SBI bank account.
This is how to update PAN in Yono SBI using the official YONO SBI mobile app. If you find any problem while adding or linking the PAN details with SBI do let us know in the comment section.
How to check PAN card link with SBI bank account
If you want to check the status of the PAN card link with the SBI bank account, you can log in to the SBI Internet banking account. Select the e-Services section and then click the PAN Registration link. Now, click on the Status tab to track the status of your PAN registration with the SBI bank account.
Frequently asked Questions
How to link PAN card to SBI account by SMS?
You can not link your PAN card to your SBI account through SMS. However, you can add your PAN card to your SBI bank account using a toll-free number phone call. If you want to link then Dial the Toll-free number 1800 425 3800 and follow the procedure. Once the process is successful, you’ll get notified with an SMS.
How do I know my SBI account is linked with PAN?
You can able to know whether your PAN card is linked with an SBI bank account or not by using SBI net banking or YONO SBI Mobile App. Use any one of these methods according to your accessibility. You can check the status of the process using SBI net banking. Click here for more information.
Why is a PAN card necessary for a bank account?
The Government of India has made it mandatory to have a PAN card for transactions up to certain limits. The PAN card is mandatory for all taxpaying citizens of India. A PAN is necessary for a Bank account in order to keep track of the transactions of the customers of that particular bank. By adding the PAN details to your Bank(s), the government will be able to keep track of the financial transactions you have carried out in a year and impose a corresponding income tax.
How can I register my PAN card in SBI?
You can register/link/add your PAN details with SBI bank account using four different ways. Visit the SBI home branch and ask for the PAN card linkage request form. Fill out the required fields carefully and submit the form along with the photocopy of the PAN card. Once, the PAN is validated successfully, you’ll get notified on your Registered Mobile Number.
Can I open a bank account without PAN Card 2022?
The answer is NO. The RBI has made it mandatory to have both AADHAAR and PAN to open a bank account. However, if these documents are not available, the customers would have to provide proof that they have applied for these documents within the past six months. Failing may lead to being unable to open a bank account. Without AADHAAR and PAN, the bank account is considered a Small Account.
What happens if the PAN card is not linked with SBI?
If you don’t link your PAN card with your SBI bank account, then you have to submit Form-16 which is available at the branch. Also, you might have to pay double TDS.
So, to link a PAN card with an SBI account you have multiple methods. I used SBI Internet banking to register my PAN card to my SBI account. You can use any one of the above methods. If you find any issues while linking the PAN details with the SBI bank account feel free to comment below. So that, we can discuss it together.
If you have found this article helpful then kindly bookmark and share this post.